Thursday 15 November 2012

>> Web-Comic Site Under Construction

It took a little longer to design than what was expected, but when we aim for certain quality sometimes it needs to have the right amount of time invested to get the required results.

Of course from an artists point of view "a work of art is never finished", but who are we kidding right? We need results and a toned down release is better than no release.

That aside, like I already stated, I am all for quality and quantity together, but will need a team of 4 to 5 people to do this. Being on my own means for sacrifices made on some aspects of quality to ensure it doesn't take an eon and a half for each project update. However, that does not mean I sacrifice quality either. It is important to me that I get the best results possible so it is all about better time management and learning how to be a better digital artist (2D and 3D) for even quicker results.

In the end it is a judgement call. I try my best as a lone-wolf and one-man-army to get the best results possible since I am also a sucker for quality and perfection. Therefore some aspects and parts of each design (whether they be artworks, concept arts, a comic panel or designing the website layout and graphics) will take more time on occasion to complete for that extra quality.

Although I will need twice the time from my part to be completely perfect and I've thrown that idea for perfection out of the window or in a draw for now, the projects can still be approached with the will to get better results so long as the time spent on extra quality is a little more than initially planned and not a lot more.

And here we are at last, although a little delayed. The site for my web-comic is finally underway and in the "under construction" phase. Very soon it will be much more than just that.

www.scioniacomic.com

Simultaneously I am conjuring up an official Facebook page for the web-comic too and a time-lapse video soon to be uploaded on YouTube from one of the character arts for the web-comic.

Stay in touch for future updates.