Saturday 20 June 2015

Jorge Lorenzo. MotoGP Catalunya 2015... Taking the fun out of MotoGP for himself alone, and gone with the wind.


Completely absent to the point of this blog (DCF - The Digital Creative Front) but there are things I need to put out there.

Lets break the ice with something that will frustrate many MotoGP fans, but regardless I need to say it.

I dislike Jorge...

I am also Greek and I love all that Spartan stuff and Ancient Greece and what not, making his interests even more aligned with mine.

Not to mention that I also love his riding style. It suits my riding style and I was wondering for years why few to no riders rode that way. In comes Jorge, a rider that no-one can deny has skill, and performs with sublime riding in a way I always wanted to see. As I said, I love his riding style as it also suits me and the way I like to ride.

But... I just really don't like his attitude. So I guess I can't say I dislike Jorge himself but aspects to him, nobody is perfect. And I did steer clear of such words as hate (if anyone noticed).

His attitude annoys me a lot, to the point that it makes his wins, although he deserves them, no fun at all.

Stoner was a whiner. Jorge is even worse. (Well, not worse, I don't think anyone can surpass Stoner in the whining, Jorge at least enjoys his 1st place wins and that is great to see, Stoner would whine even on those. Annoying as hell really).

The usual we won "but had problems with this and that and the sun was too
high and the wind was tickling my neck" Stoner commentaries.
One too many dude, one too many.


But he is still practically a little "cry baby" when he loses most of the time. He is a cry baby even when he wins sometimes and isn't First. And even when he does win and comes first, has to "point out" that someone "nearly" touched him (and yeah I think Marquez did touch him in that last race with his foot as he pulled it in).

Still, who cares? Why comment on it? You are riding in MotoGP, I doubt someone told you that there will be no touching in a MotoGP racing. Contact is the most common thing the sport has! Deal with it already and get over it, enough of your constant whining for years now on the matter.

Meanwhile, Marquez got zero points for crying out loud and Jorge still needs to comment on something so minimal it almost didn't happen!!! (I know in the moment it might have really bothered him, but it doesn't seem to bother the other riders so it is his problem in the end really). Rossi had full-contact in a race with Marquez and he still handled it better.

I fear if Jorge continues down his current path,
an event of more losses might make him
more bitter and another Stoner will be born.
Please no, Stoners' last year in MotoGP was the least
fun any of us ever had. 
Remind you of someone? Lets say a certain Stoner? Who even punched another rider in qualifications because they simply rode in-front of him?

Which makes Jorge a really bitter and bad sport. Ruins the entire fun one can have watching him. Not to mention that although I love his style and consider him a skilled rider, I don't consider him to be as skilled as Rossi.

Why? Cause Rossi will battle you even if he is slower. And many times Rossi is slower, he simply pushes harder at times, and hence the battles. He rarely gets in front and simply stays there because he has the best lap times. How on Earth is that racing by the way?

Jorge is on a one-man trial of time and no-one can stop him at that point. That is not racing. Racing is battling with other riders. Soon as the track is not in favour to Jorges' style and speed, or soon as he doesn't break into the front, then it is end game for him with some overpasses here and there before he quits and that is it.

Which makes him even less fun to watch and follow/be a fan of. I mean, he either leads the pack and is untouchable, a boring display, or he is left behind and does nothing... Which is once more, boring. Another Stoner quality. These guys simply want to race on an open track with no-one getting in their way, no-one touching them or the air around them, and the point of the race to be "the fastest time wins the race". That is not MotoGP, that is WRC. Different sports guys, different sports.



You almost never see him with a comeback and perform with a real racing spirit. Almost. I have trouble thinking of the amount of times Jorge was slower yet pushed in the last laps to take a win or try at least.

Meanwhile Vale is quite old by comparison to the new hot blood and not as fast, and he still puts in a fight on the track to take leads and points. Jorge almost feels half the time that he either gives up and keeps a position if he is not faster on a track, or simply stays in front. Great racing mate. Great racing. /sarcasm.

I don't deny his skill one bit, he is an amazing rider and few can do what he can.

I deny his racing spirit though and attitude most of the time. He is only happy on the pole position too btw. Comes second or third and he is bitter again.

Lighten up dude, be more happy in there. You are already among the TOP RIDERS ON THE PLANET! Have some fun and enjoy races more, even when you lose, and in the process make it easier for the rest of us to love watching you more. Seriously, I want to route for Jorge so bad, for years now, and he makes it so damn difficult.

Not saying Rossi is a saint, they all have done things in the past and possibly even now. But at least he expresses more fun in his riding and his results, win or lose, and creates an enjoyable atmosphere.

I don't remember him ever crying or having that dreadful disappointed look Jorge has when he misses a podium. And even when he did, it was too rare and few a time compared to the times he was simply smiling and trying his best and having fun.

Come on Jorge, lighten up a little. You make it feel like the sport is so tiring for you unless you are in front, you seem like another Stoner that will end up quitting soon. On the contrary, all that bitterness is backfiring on you and will end up making you say the same thing Stoner did, "the sport is not for me what it once was". Really Stoner? Really? Of course it wasn't, you were whining like a bitch day in day out even when you won. How could all that be any fun to a rider in the end? No wonder he quit.

Jorge is not that bad obviously, and the kid is having a lot of fun when he does win. I just want to see him enjoy all the aspects to MotoGP, which will in turn make me and many of us enjoy watching him more as well. Of course, we are all who we are and that is the end of it, so having so much on his mind already perhaps it is the rest of us that need to have more patience with him. I need to put it out there though, I want to enjoy him, and I can't, I have tried.

Regardless this years' MotoGP (2015) is setting out to be one of the most intense seasons in a while. I simply love it, I hope all the best to all the riders and can't wait to see how it all unfolds and who takes the champion crown of 2015 home.

I just hope that if it is Jorge that takes the championship, he does it in a more enjoyable or race-like fashion. Where is the fun of riding against yourself and becoming the fastest "time" on the track? Ben Spies did that too (another great rider). Who cares? it is the race that counts.

Really don't want this season to end up with a boring outcome that leaves the last 3 races completely void of any interest for the MotoGP fans like it has plenty of times before.